I have got the following problem: I would like use my own application to
manage the headers in the e-mails that are being postet over my mailing
list. My application saves txt file on my server and I would like
mailman to load the content of that file and put it into the header.

Is there any way to do this?

best regards

M. Homziuk

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 18, 2008 at 7:14 pm

    Maciej Homziuk wrote:
    I have got the following problem: I would like use my own application to
    manage the headers in the e-mails that are being postet over my mailing
    list. My application saves txt file on my server and I would like
    mailman to load the content of that file and put it into the header.

    Is there any way to do this?
    How dynamic is this content. If it doesn't change often, you could
    consider wrapping it between

    msg_header = """

    and

    """

    So the whole file looks like

    msg_header = """Line 1
    Line 2
    etc.
    """

    and then run

    bin/config_list -i /path/to/file listname

    to update the list.

    You could also modify Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py to read the header
    from a file. To make it somewhat general, you could modify the
    decorate() function to look at the template argument and if it begins
    with a '/' consider it to be a path to a file containing the text. This
    would then work for messages and digests and headers and footers.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 18, '08 at 6:35p
activeJul 18, '08 at 7:14p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Maciej Homziuk: 1 post