Just got the following from somebody that wanted to participate and I invited. Is the 3 day limit built in and/or a default? It sure seems short to me, I would think that 14 days would be much more appropriate. As in this particular case, three days is a common length for folks to be gone for long weekends. And, it makes administrators work more than they should have to, what with having to sign people up more than once.

Also, it would be helpful to be able to see the current list of invitees, but I cannot find a web page that displays that.
Michael, thanks for the invite. When I reply it says that I?m past the 3 day invitation period. Please add me again and this time I?ll get right on it.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 15, 2008 at 6:30 pm

    Michael Welch wrote:
    Just got the following from somebody that wanted to participate and I
    invited. Is the 3 day limit built in and/or a default? It sure seems
    short to me, I would think that 14 days would be much more
    appropriate. As in this particular case, three days is a common
    length for folks to be gone for long weekends. And, it makes
    administrators work more than they should have to, what with having
    to sign people up more than once.

    The limit is a global Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting
    (PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE) with a default of three days which applies to all
    pending requests.

    Also, it would be helpful to be able to see the current list of
    invitees, but I cannot find a web page that displays that.

    It's not in the web UI. There's a script at
    <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending>, but that won't help
    without command line access.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 15, '08 at 4:40p
activeJul 15, '08 at 6:30p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Welch: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post