Hello mailman users,

I am using mailman script called from cron /usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
to synchronize mails between our company private only news server (INN) and
our company mailing list.

When mail is gated from news to mailing list - news: header is not removed,
mailing list headers are added.

Unfortunately this scenario causes problem with users using great most
perfect in the world client Microsoft Outlook 2007, or Windows Mail :).

When employee click on "reply to all" Outlook will found "news:" header
inside mail and will try to add as one of recipient newsgroup where mail
originally comes from.
This is unwanted scenario as those users do not have news server configured.

Thanks in advance!

David

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 19, 2008 at 12:14 am

    David Hl??ik wrote:
    I am using mailman script called from cron /usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
    to synchronize mails between our company private only news server (INN) and
    our company mailing list.

    When mail is gated from news to mailing list - news: header is not removed,
    mailing list headers are added.

    Unfortunately this scenario causes problem with users using great most
    perfect in the world client Microsoft Outlook 2007, or Windows Mail :).

    You can remove this header (or others) by adding the line

    del msg['news']

    (the case of the header name is not important) to cron/gate_news so it
    becomes

    if found_to:
    del msg['X-Originally-To']
    msg['X-Originally-To'] = msg['To']
    del msg['To']
    msg['To'] = mlist.GetListEmail()
    del msg['news']
    # Post the message to the locked list

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 18, '08 at 2:20p
activeJun 19, '08 at 12:14a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post David Hláčik: 1 post