I've been scratching my head on this one for a while now. I'm running mailman
1:2.1.9-7 on Debian stable, all of the links in emails to users or admin are
missing a slash:

".....
You can configure your mailing list at the following web page:

? ? http://domain.com/cgi-bin/mailmanadmin/test3

The web page for users of your mailing list is:

....."

therefore point to a 404 page :-(

Where do I look for those links?

--
Rick Parola
RPWebworks

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 3, 2008 at 1:41 am

    Rick Parola wrote:
    I've been scratching my head on this one for a while now. I'm running mailman
    1:2.1.9-7 on Debian stable, all of the links in emails to users or admin are
    missing a slash:

    ".....
    You can configure your mailing list at the following web page:

    http://domain.com/cgi-bin/mailmanadmin/test3

    The web page for users of your mailing list is:

    ....."

    therefore point to a 404 page :-(

    Where do I look for those links?
    The problem is when you (or Debian) put

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'

    in mm_cfg.py (or in Defaults.py ?), the trailing slash was omitted.

    You need to put

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

    in mm_cfg.py, but this will only fix the problem for new lists. To fix
    existing lists, you will need to run fix_url. See
    <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId@30609>.

    - --

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython