Anyone know how I can disable the monthly membership reminder email that
gets sent out to all members of a mailing list?

Thanks,

Bill

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 2, 2008 at 9:25 pm

    Bill Honneus wrote:
    Anyone know how I can disable the monthly membership reminder email that
    gets sent out to all members of a mailing list?

    For an individual list or lists, set send_reminders to No under
    Notifications on the list's General Options page

    To make this setting the default for new lists (no effect on existing
    lists) set

    DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = No

    in mm_cfg.py.

    To totally disable the sending of reminders for the site, comment out or
    remove the cron/mailpasswds entry from Mailman's crontab.

  • David Newman at Jun 2, 2008 at 10:22 pm

    Anyone know how I can disable the monthly membership reminder email that
    gets sent out to all members of a mailing list?
    It's "send_reminders" on the general options page, under notifications.

    dn
  • Henry Hartley at Jun 2, 2008 at 10:29 pm

    Bill Honneus (honneus) wrote:
    Anyone know how I can disable the monthly membership reminder email that
    gets sent out to all members of a mailing list?
    On the General Options page, under Notifications (about half way down),
    the first setting is "Send monthly password reminders?" I assume that's
    what you mean.

    --
    Henry
  • Terri Oda at Jun 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm