I've got a fresh new install on an Ubuntu Server 8, Mailman version
2.1.9 (installed from apt). Agent is Postfix

I have the list installed and appears to be running. Mail sent to the
list shows up in the archive. However the members are not receiving any
mail from the lists. Checked the spam filter/bucket.

I can send mail from the host...

Any suggestions on where to start looking? I am up for doing the work
in tracking this down but not sure where to start.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 3, 2008 at 3:09 am

    John Lieber wrote:
    I've got a fresh new install on an Ubuntu Server 8, Mailman version
    2.1.9 (installed from apt). Agent is Postfix

    I have the list installed and appears to be running. Mail sent to the
    list shows up in the archive. However the members are not receiving any
    mail from the lists. Checked the spam filter/bucket.

    I can send mail from the host...

    See
    <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Troubleshooting-++No+mail+going+out+to+lists+members>.
    Since posts are being received and archived, the problem is in
    outgoing message processing. Focus on OutgoingRunner, Mailman's error,
    smtp and smtp-failure logs, and Mailman's out queue.

    Also make sure that the list members have delivery enabled and are not
    set to 'digest' mode.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 2, '08 at 6:24p