My installation of Mailman is attaching the following html message on
all the messages generated by my 'Test' mailing list.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

I don't mind the attachment going out, but I do not want the http link
included in the body of the attachment. Is there a way to disable the
inclusion of the http link in the attachment? If not, then my next
choice would be to disable the attachment alltogether.

Thanks,

Bill

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm

    Bill Honneus wrote:
    My installation of Mailman is attaching the following html message on
    all the messages generated by my 'Test' mailing list.

    -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

    I don't mind the attachment going out, but I do not want the http link
    included in the body of the attachment. Is there a way to disable the
    inclusion of the http link in the attachment? If not, then my next
    choice would be to disable the attachment alltogether.

    The 'attachment' is the list's msg_footer. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>
    for more on why it's an attachment.

    I'm not clear on how much of the above is actually in the footer, and
    how much is 'helpfully' added by your MUA, but you have complete
    control over the original contents of the footer on the list's
    Non-digest options page. Note that if this is the default footer, the
    actual footer is just

    and the <mailto:Test at my.domain.com> and
    your MUA when you view the message.

    Also note that the footer is attached as a text/plain message part, so
    any rendering of email addresses and URLs as 'clickable' links is also
    done by your MUA.

    View the raw message source to see what Mailman is actually sending.

  • Bill Honneus (honneus) at May 19, 2008 at 6:59 pm
    Thanks, Mark. The non-digest options on the admistrative page for my
    list clearly showed the content that was being added to the footer. I
    modified it to suit my needs.

    Thanks again for the help!

    Bill

    and the <mailto:Test at my.domain.com> and
    MUA when you view the message.

    Also note that the footer is attached as a text/plain message part, so
    any rendering of email addresses and URLs as 'clickable' links is also
    done by your MUA.

    View the raw message source to see what Mailman is actually sending.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 19, '08 at 2:05p
activeMay 19, '08 at 6:59p