adding them to the list.

From what I can see there's no button or checkbox to turn the return
email off. Is there a simple way to do so for just one list? Is it
possible to set it up such that any email to this one list address -
which is fairly long and obscure and has never and will never be
published anywhere - will get fully subscribed without confirmation
or approval?

If it's a lot of trouble i'll just figure out an alternative method,
probably dropping them into a database table.

--
Bill Christensen
billc at greenbuilder.com

  • Mark Sapiro at May 14, 2008 at 3:35 am

    billc wrote:
    Is it possible to supress acknowledgement of subscription requests on
    a specific list?

    If you subscribe users through the admin Mass Subscribe interface, set
    "Send welcome messages to new subscribees?" to No.

    If you subscribe them with bin/add_members, use the --welcome-msg=n (or
    -w n) option.

    Both these methods will default to no welcome message if you set
    send_welcome_msg to No on the General Options page.

    From what I can see there's no button or checkbox to turn the return
    email off. Is there a simple way to do so for just one list? Is it
    possible to set it up such that any email to this one list address -
    which is fairly long and obscure and has never and will never be
    published anywhere - will get fully subscribed without confirmation
    or approval?

    If you are talking about subscribing people by email as opposed to via
    the admin or command line interfaces, you have to set send_welcome_msg
    to No as above, and you also have to set

    ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = Yes

    in mm_cfg.py, and then you can set subscribe_policy for the list to
    None to allow subscribe without confirmation, but it is much better
    IMO to use the admin or command line interface.

  • Billc at May 14, 2008 at 7:12 am