Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 13, 2008 at 6:31 am

    Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
    When full personalization is enabled a message sent to the list is
    delivered to members with TO field containing a member's address
    and the CC field containing the list address. Is there a setting to take
    off the CC address in case of full personalization (that is to only have
    the TO field present)? Many thanks!

    The only way to not have the list address in a Cc: is to make the list
    anonymous or set reply_goes_to_list to This List. Otherwise the Cc: to
    the list is put there intentionally to facilitate replying to the list
    (via reply-all) since the list address will not be in the normal
    From:, To: or Reply-To:

    If you don't want this, you'd have to modify
    Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py.

    I recognize that this behavior is not necessarily appropriate for
    announcement lists, but unless you are willing to make an announcement
    list anonymous, that's how it is. The problem is that there is no
    'announcement list' setting that would enable the code to determine
    that the Cc: is not appropriate.

  • Zbigniew Szalbot at May 13, 2008 at 7:03 am
    Hello,

    Mark Sapiro:
    From:, To: or Reply-To:

    If you don't want this, you'd have to modify
    Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py.
    Thank you Mark! I edited this file and - since I am no programmer - I
    just commented out lines 161, 162, 165-172 and restarted mailman.
    Initial tests show that the CC header does not get added. I put it on my
    journal to watch for this file when I update mailman in future.

    Thank you for your support!

    --
    Zbigniew Szalbot
    www.lc-words.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 13, '08 at 5:42a
activeMay 13, '08 at 7:03a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Zbigniew Szalbot: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post