*
<message>
*-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

A file named 'file.txt' is always attached, with the html representation of
the body of the message. How do I get rid of the message "-----Inline
Attachment Follows-----" and the attachment? I've used my school's Mailman
and never had this problem, so I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 13, 2008 at 12:14 am

    Edwin Shao wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I just spent 4 hours browsing the
    archive and FAQs and couldn't resolve my question. Every time I send a mail
    to my list, it appears like this:

    *
    <message>
    *-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

    It's in the FAQ. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

    A file named 'file.txt' is always attached, with the html representation of
    the body of the message. How do I get rid of the message "-----Inline
    Attachment Follows-----" and the attachment? I've used my school's Mailman
    and never had this problem, so I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

    If you really want to get rid of it completely, go to
    <http://lists.friedneko.com/mailman/admin/test-test/nondigest> and
    remove everything from the msg_footer box and save changes. You may
    want to do the same with digest_footer on the Digest options page.

  • Edwin Shao at May 13, 2008 at 12:19 am
    So, that's what I thought the problem might be, but I use my school's
    Mailman server as well and they don't have this problem. That is, I can send
    HTML messages to the list and also have footers enabled. How do I enable
    that function for my Mailman server?
[...]

  • Mark Sapiro at May 13, 2008 at 12:43 am

    Edwin Shao wrote:
    So, that's what I thought the problem might be, but I use my school's
    Mailman server as well and they don't have this problem. That is, I can send
    HTML messages to the list and also have footers enabled. How do I enable
    that function for my Mailman server?

    If you are sending an HTML message to your school's Mailman list, and
    the list's content filtering is not stripping the HTML or converting
    it to plain text and the footer is actually added in the HTML part and
    not as a separate text/plain part, then the Mailman at your school is
    somehow patched or modified to provide this function.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 12, '08 at 11:51p
activeMay 13, '08 at 12:43a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Edwin Shao: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 2 posts