Hello all,

I run a large list and have a need to turn of the no-mail by-bounce
setting from a large number of subscribers.

Is there an easy way to do this from the command-line? Or perhaps
somebody has a script?

Jim Norton

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this
constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as
a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat." - Napoleon Hill

  • Mark Sapiro at May 8, 2008 at 2:07 pm

    Jim Norton wrote:
    I run a large list and have a need to turn of the no-mail by-bounce
    setting from a large number of subscribers.

    Is there an easy way to do this from the command-line? Or perhaps
    somebody has a script?

    There is a withlist script at
    <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/reset_bounce.py>; mirrored at
    <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py> and
    <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py>.

    This script will reset no-mail by-bounce for all members or all members
    in a given domain. A single withlist command can run it for a single
    list or for all lists.

  • Stefan Förster at May 8, 2008 at 5:49 pm

    * Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Is there an easy way to do this from the command-line? Or perhaps
    somebody has a script?

    There is a withlist script at
    <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/reset_bounce.py>; mirrored at
    <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py> and
    <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py>.
    [...]

    I've had, for different reasons, a look at
    http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nodups.py which contains the
    following line:

    mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DontReceiveDuplicates, 1)

    Since this is exactly what I am looking for (well, more or less), I'd
    like to ask where I can get a list of all parameters (I'm talking
    about "DontReceiveDuplicates" right now) which can be used to modify
    subscriber options.

    Thanks in advance
    Stefan
  • Mark Sapiro at May 8, 2008 at 6:12 pm

    Stefan F?rster wrote:
    I've had, for different reasons, a look at
    http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nodups.py which contains the
    following line:

    mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DontReceiveDuplicates, 1)

    Since this is exactly what I am looking for (well, more or less), I'd
    like to ask where I can get a list of all parameters (I'm talking
    about "DontReceiveDuplicates" right now) which can be used to modify
    subscriber options.

    in Defaults.py

    # Bitfield for user options. See DEFAULT_NEW_MEMBER_OPTIONS above to
    set
    # defaults for all new lists.
    Digests = 0 # handled by other mechanism, doesn't need a
    flag.
    DisableDelivery = 1 # Obsolete; use set/getDeliveryStatus()
    DontReceiveOwnPosts = 2 # Non-digesters only
    AcknowledgePosts = 4
    DisableMime = 8 # Digesters only
    ConcealSubscription = 16
    SuppressPasswordReminder = 32
    ReceiveNonmatchingTopics = 64
    Moderate = 128
    DontReceiveDuplicates = 256

    # A mapping between short option tags and their flag
    OPTINFO = {'hide' : ConcealSubscription,
    'nomail' : DisableDelivery,
    'ack' : AcknowledgePosts,
    'notmetoo': DontReceiveOwnPosts,
    'digest' : 0,
    'plain' : DisableMime,
    'nodupes' : DontReceiveDuplicates

  • Stefan Förster at May 8, 2008 at 7:31 pm

    * Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Stefan F?rster wrote:
    Since this is exactly what I am looking for (well, more or less), I'd
    like to ask where I can get a list of all parameters (I'm talking
    about "DontReceiveDuplicates" right now) which can be used to modify
    subscriber options.

    in Defaults.py
    Thank you, this comes in very handy.

    Ciao
    Stefan
    --
    Stefan F?rster http://www.incertum.net/ Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
    FdI #314: Outlook (Express) - Designed to enable Virus replication.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 8, '08 at 6:14a
activeMay 8, '08 at 7:31p