Hello,

I have a question about digests. I do not need them for the types of
mailing lists we use, so I was glad to see an option to switch them off.
I set
DEFAULT_DIGESTABLE = No
in mm_cfg.py and then restarted mailman. However, it has no effect on
existing lists. Is that so that the setting is effective only for lists
created from now on (and not on the existing ones)?

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 26, 2008 at 3:31 pm

    Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
    I have a question about digests. I do not need them for the types of
    mailing lists we use, so I was glad to see an option to switch them off.
    I set
    DEFAULT_DIGESTABLE = No
    in mm_cfg.py and then restarted mailman. However, it has no effect on
    existing lists. Is that so that the setting is effective only for lists
    created from now on (and not on the existing ones)?

    That is correct.

    The setting for existing lists is 'digestable' on the Digest options
    page.

    If you want to set digestable to No for all existing lists, you could
    run something like

    #! /bin/bash
    cd /path/to/mailman
    temp=`mktemp`
    echo digestable = 0 > $temp
    for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
    bin/config_list -i $temp $list
    echo --- digest members in $list ---
    bin/list_members --digest
    done
    rm $temp

    You need to list the current digest members because you will have to
    set them to 'regular' after setting the list's digestable to no or
    they won't get any mail.

  • Zbigniew Szalbot at Apr 26, 2008 at 4:05 pm
    Hello,

    Mark Sapiro pisze:
    Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
[...]

    I did run it but I get