confirm 0be9992ac451e22a969a29bbc5f7c5a4d2a9c30d
confirm 3a90201f480e72b58bc804f650f67a84a18bc284

and Mailman's subscribe log shows:
Apr 26 10:53:54 2008 (76585) eu.ppl: pending Zbigniew Szalbot
<zszalbot at yahoo.com> zszalbot at yahoo.com
Apr 26 10:53:54 2008 (76585) eu.ppl: pending Zbigniew Szalbot
<zszalbot at yahoo.com> zszalbot at yahoo.com

I have analized MTA's logs and they have really been sent twice as
separate messages although I requested subscription only once.

I am not blaming Mailman. I feel that there must be something wrong with
my setup that this happens. I'll appreciate if someone has had the same
experience and can suggest where to start troubleshooting it.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm

    Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
    It seems that on my new server Mailman will sent each subscription
    request twice. Regular posts, information that someone is already on
    list are not sent twice. Only subscription requests. For example, these
    are the two I got while testing:

    <zszalbot at yahoo.com> zszalbot at yahoo.com
    Apr 26 10:53:54 2008 (76585) eu.ppl: pending Zbigniew Szalbot
    <zszalbot at yahoo.com> zszalbot at yahoo.com

    I have analized MTA's logs and they have really been sent twice as
    separate messages although I requested subscription only once.

    How did you request subscription? Did you send an email to
    eu.ppl-request, and if so, did it contain two subscribe commands, one
    in the subject and one in the body?

  • Zbigniew Szalbot at Apr 26, 2008 at 6:41 pm
    Hi there,

    Mark Sapiro pisze:
    I have analized MTA's logs and they have really been sent twice as
    How did you request subscription? Did you send an email to
    eu.ppl-request, and if so, did it contain two subscribe commands, one
    in the subject and one in the body?

    Time to call it a day! Did the previous version of Mailman (2.1.9_x)
    only checked body for subscription commands? The fact of the matter is
    that indeed I had the word subscribe in both the message subject as well
    as in body...

    Anyway, thanks for your incredible support Mark!

    --
    Zbigniew Szalbot
    www.lc-words.com

    Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
    Time to call it a day! Did the previous version of Mailman (2.1.9_x)
    that indeed I had the word subscribe in both the message subject as well
    as in body...

    No.

    If you mail to the list-join or list-subscribe address, the message
    subject and body are ignored, but if you mail to the list-request
    address, both the subject and body can contain commands. It's always
    been that way for as long as I've been involved with Mailman.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 26, '08 at 5:53p
activeApr 26, '08 at 6:50p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Zbigniew Szalbot: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 2 posts