Hello,

I'm trying to determine how the "cookie" value used for invite
confirmations is generated and/or where it is stored.

We are looking into using another system outside of Mailman, such as
Lyris, to send broadcast emails to invite users to our mailman lists.
We'd like to include the URL to confirm their subscription in our
emails, but I can't find any information about how the confirmation
value is generated. We'd need to be able either to generate the value
ourselves outside of Mailman, or figure out a way to dump a list of
email addresses needing confirmation with the confirmation value.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steven R. Webb
Software Engineer

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 8, 2008 at 10:05 pm
    We are looking into using another system outside of Mailman, such as
    Lyris, to send broadcast emails to invite users to our mailman lists.
    We'd like to include the URL to confirm their subscription in our
    emails, but I can't find any information about how the confirmation
    value is generated. We'd need to be able either to generate the value
    ourselves outside of Mailman, or figure out a way to dump a list of
    email addresses needing confirmation with the confirmation value.

    You can't generate the cookie outside of Mailman. It is essentially
    random.

    See <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> (mirrored at
    <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_pending> and
    <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_pending>) for a way to dump
    the pending requests.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 8, '08 at 9:28p
activeFeb 8, '08 at 10:05p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Webb, Steven: 1 post