I am currently working on a website, which has an attached mailing list.
I have little experience with running mailing lists, but it has fallen
to me to get the participant verification system up and running, and
part of that includes auto-confirming subscriptions to the mailing list.

So, what I would like to know is: is there a way to confirm a
subscription request by email, assuming that I will know the users email
and password?

Thank you,
Dylan Jenkinson

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 4, 2008 at 3:56 am

    Dylan Jenkinson wrote:
    I am currently working on a website, which has an attached mailing list.
    I have little experience with running mailing lists, but it has fallen
    to me to get the participant verification system up and running, and
    part of that includes auto-confirming subscriptions to the mailing list.

    So, what I would like to know is: is there a way to confirm a
    subscription request by email, assuming that I will know the users email
    and password?

    No. However, if what you want to do is create a web page which will
    allow a user to subscribe without having to take any further action,
    and without removing the confirmation step normally required for other
    subscription methods, you can do that.

    See some of the hits from
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org+inurl%3Amailman-users+wget>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 4, '08 at 2:35a
activeFeb 4, '08 at 3:56a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Dylan Jenkinson: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post