FAQ
Hi,

I have a problem regarding the migration of a list call
test_list at domain.soc.uoc.gr from an old mail server to a new one.

I've copied /mailman/lists to the new mail server. I've also edited the
aliases,virtual_mailman and mm_cfg.py files.

List works ok in the new mail server. The problem is that i cant see it
in http://mydomain/mailman/admin.

But i can edit it through http://mydomain/mailman/admindb/test_list.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 1, 2008 at 4:08 pm

    AlxFrag wrote:
    List works ok in the new mail server. The problem is that i cant see it
    in http://mydomain/mailman/admin.

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.017.htp>

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Abdul Javid at Feb 1, 2008 at 5:10 pm
    Hi

    Is there a way to tweak what mailing list memebers get in "sender" field

    Like I would like to put " News "

    when members get the mail, they should see "News" in sender area in their mailbox

    thanks




    ---------------------------------
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 1, 2008 at 5:27 pm

    Abdul Javid wrote:
    Is there a way to tweak what mailing list memebers get in "sender" field

    Like I would like to put " News "

    when members get the mail, they should see "News" in sender area in their mailbox

    The Sender: is set to the listname-bounces address for automated bounce
    processing to accommodate broken MUAs that return bounces to Sender:
    instead of the envelope sender. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp>
    for more on this.

    You can set anonymous_list to Yes which will replace the From: with

    From: description <list at example.com>

    where description is the text in the list's description attribute and
    list at example.com is the list address.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Abdul Javid at Feb 1, 2008 at 5:41 pm
    Thanks Mark for quick reply

    I was using anonymous_list to yes but was not aware of the description field.

    its working now.

    thanks again.

    Mark Sapiro wrote: Abdul Javid wrote:
    Is there a way to tweak what mailing list memebers get in "sender" field

    Like I would like to put " News "

    when members get the mail, they should see "News" in sender area in their mailbox

    The Sender: is set to the listname-bounces address for automated bounce
    processing to accommodate broken MUAs that return bounces to Sender:
    instead of the envelope sender. See

    for more on this.

    You can set anonymous_list to Yes which will replace the From: with

    From: description


    where description is the text in the list's description attribute and
    list at example.com is the list address.

    --
    Mark Sapiro The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan




    ---------------------------------
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
  • AlxFrag at Feb 4, 2008 at 8:30 am

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    AlxFrag wrote:
    List works ok in the new mail server. The problem is that i cant see it
    in http://mydomain/mailman/admin.

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.017.htp>
    i've tried ./withlist -l -r fix_url mylist -urlhost=mydomain but i
    still can't see the mylist appear in listiinfo.
  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 4, 2008 at 4:43 pm

    AlxFrag wrote:
    i've tried ./withlist -l -r fix_url mylist -urlhost=mydomain but i
    still can't see the mylist appear in listiinfo.

    Is the list's advertised attribute (under Privacy options... in the web
    admin interface) set to Yes?

    If so, do

    bin/dumpdb lists/mylist/config.pck | grep \'web_page_url\'

    and verify that the host name in the URL fragment matches exactly the
    hostname in the URL you use to visit the listinfo page.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 1, '08 at 9:28a
activeFeb 4, '08 at 4:43p
posts7
users3
websitelist.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase