hello all,

Ive been having this problem with digests and encoding. Our lists are
multilingual and since only a small fraction of the posts are written in
utf our digests get garbled, with some parts being unreadable. Is there
any way of setting up mailman so as to generate correct digests i.e.
with more than 1 encodings ?

To that end: I've set mime_is_default_digest = MIME on the web interface
of list's digest page. But stil the digests I receive are unreadable
when the text is other than english.
From the Digest headers:
and why us-ascii? how can I change that?)

- (don't know if this is relevant to the problem) -
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit (why? I thought that this should be
8bit??? How do I control this?)

I've search through mm_cfg and the Default but I couldn't find anything
that could help....
any ideas?
thx,
bill vatikiotis

Be a better friend, newshound, and

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 30, 2008 at 4:39 pm

    Vassilis Vatikiotis wrote:
    To that end: I've set mime_is_default_digest = MIME on the web interface
    of list's digest page.

    This only affects the digest type for new digest members. Current
    digest members have to have the type changed either by going to their
    options page and choosing MIME for "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?"
    or by the admin unchecking "plain" on the Membership List pages.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 30, '08 at 2:30p
activeJan 30, '08 at 4:39p