I created a list that I wanted confirmation on. When I tested it, I
didn't get anything.
After poking around, I found that parts of mailman seemed to have stop
working
last week. I can't seem to remember doing anything that would have
cause this, but
nonetheless something happened.

The qfiles/virigin has a thousand messages that aren't going away. And
when I
start mailman by hand I get the following errors that repeat 4 or 5
times.
From these errors, can anybody guess as to what may have happened?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
main()
File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
qrunner.run()
File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 65, in run
filecnt = self._oneloop()
File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 93, in _oneloop
msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 156, in
dequeue
data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
File "/users/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 262, in
_ext_read
dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/users/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
main()
and so on....

--myron
=================================
Myron Kowalski
MoCoSIN Network/Systems Administrator
Moravian College
myron at cs.moravian.edu

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 21, 2008 at 10:27 pm

    Myron Kowalski wrote:
    The qfiles/virigin has a thousand messages that aren't going away. And
    when I
    start mailman by hand I get the following errors that repeat 4 or 5
    times.
    From these errors, can anybody guess as to what may have happened?

[...]

    This appears to be Mailman 2.1.4 or earlier.

    The issue appears to be a corrupt .db file in qfiles/virgin/.

    Each queue entry is a pair of files with the same name except one has a
    .db extension and the other has .pck or possibly .msg extension.

    The rest of the file name is a floating point time (ttttt.ttt) followed
    by '+' followed by 40 hex digits.

    The file causing the problem is the .db with the earliest time. Move
    that file aside and stop and start Mailman.

  • Myron Kowalski at Jan 22, 2008 at 1:13 pm
    Thanks. I just figured that out. I was doing a few things with mailman
    at the same time that message
    must of come in, and I became convinced that I had done something
    wrong. I just didn't read the python
    errors carefully enough.

    --myron
    =================================
    myron at cs.moravian.edu

    The qfiles/virigin has a thousand messages that aren't going away.
    And
    when I
    start mailman by hand I get the following errors that repeat 4 or 5
    times.
    From these errors, can anybody guess as to what may have happened?

[...]

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 21, '08 at 5:25p
activeJan 22, '08 at 1:13p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Myron Kowalski: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post