HI
I started using mailman for 200 plus members in the list

I noticed the mail processing is slow and sometimes they are notprocessed at all

I see the mail in list of archives but its not sent.

How do I fix this.

Is there a setting to process fast and see what is sent and what is not sent.

Thanks in advance.

Abdul

---------------------------------

  • Steve at Jan 9, 2008 at 2:56 pm
    Have you checked your mailer's log files for details on the messages that are missing?

    Abdul Javid wrote: HI
    I started using mailman for 200 plus members in the list

    I noticed the mail processing is slow and sometimes they are notprocessed at all

    I see the mail in list of archives but its not sent.

    How do I fix this.

    Is there a setting to process fast and see what is sent and what is not sent.

    Thanks in advance.

    Abdul

    Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp

    ---------------------------------
  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 9, 2008 at 4:03 pm

    steve wrote:
    Have you checked your mailer's log files for details on the messages that are missing?

    Abdul Javid wrote: HI
    I started using mailman for 200 plus members in the list

    I noticed the mail processing is slow and sometimes they are notprocessed at all

    I see the mail in list of archives but its not sent.

    Also check Mailman's logs. In particular 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure'.

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.
    Also, see articles returned by
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=performance+mta&querytype=allkeywords&casefold=yes&req=search>,
    in particular, 4.11 and 6.x.

  • Brad Knowles at Jan 11, 2008 at 4:46 am

    I noticed the mail processing is slow and sometimes they are notprocessed
    at all
    Search the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py> for words like
    "performance" and "troubleshoot".