We need to forward moderated emails from one list to another more
appropriate list. However they always arrive munged up, losing the
originators email address and with the text as an attachment. I.e. looking
pretty crap. This must be a common requirement however I can't find
anything in the FAQ and all I can find in the archives is this with no
answer:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg24118.html

I always get a quick reply to these queries often simply pointing to me to a
FAQ I have missed, I think it may be different this time!

Thanks

David

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 11, 2007 at 1:49 am

    David Beaumont wrote:
    We need to forward moderated emails from one list to another more
    appropriate list. However they always arrive munged up, losing the
    originators email address and with the text as an attachment. I.e. looking
    pretty crap.

    FAQ 3.9
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.009.htp>
    addresses a slightly different issue, but the techniques described
    there will work just as well for bouncing a message to another list.

  • Brad Knowles at Dec 11, 2007 at 2:04 am