Hello again - hopefully you won't get too tired of me before I'm done... :)

While reading on 'Umbrella lists', I ran across a tip to remove some of
the headers:

******************************

"2. Edit CookHeaders.py with your favorite editor.

Somewhere around line 116 (in version 2.0 final, at least), you'll see
where the headers are added. Simply delete each line. Be careful not
to upset the formatting - the indentation is important.

You can safely remove:

* List-Unsubscribe, List-Subscribe, List-Post, List-ID, List-Help"

******************************

All I'm really interested in removing is the Sub, Unsub and Help
headers, but this refers to v. 2.0 final, and the headers in question
(that I'm interested in) begin on line # 206 instead of 116, so before I
do this, I thought I'd ask...

If I wanted to remove these headers do I just comment the following lines?

headers.update({
'List-Help' : '<mailto:%s?subject=help>' % requestaddr,
'List-Unsubscribe': subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, 'un'),
'List-Subscribe' : subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, ''),
})

Everyone subscribed to these lists are employees, and I do not want them
to be able to sub/unsub or get help...

--

Best regards,

Charles

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 8, 2007 at 8:55 pm

    Charles Marcus wrote:
    All I'm really interested in removing is the Sub, Unsub and Help
    headers, but this refers to v. 2.0 final, and the headers in question
    (that I'm interested in) begin on line # 206 instead of 116, so before I
    do this, I thought I'd ask...

    If I wanted to remove these headers do I just comment the following lines?

    headers.update({
    'List-Help' : '<mailto:%s?subject=help>' % requestaddr,
    'List-Unsubscribe': subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, 'un'),
    'List-Subscribe' : subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, ''),
    })

    If you want to remove just those 3 and keep the List-Post: and

    OTOH, if you don't care about the List-Post: and List-Archive: headers,
    then just set General Options->include_rfc2369_headers to No.

  • Charles Marcus at Dec 8, 2007 at 9:46 pm