According to 4.29 of the FAQ:

-------------------------------------

4.29. Where can I change a list or the default URL used for the web
interface?
For MM 2.1.2:

Changing hostnames
------------------

These changes should be made $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py. The applicable
MM config variables are described in $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py.
Typically something like what follows, at the end of your mm_cfg.py,
will do the trick:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'your.mailhostname.tld'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'your.webhostname.tld'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

and some more add_virtualhost(URL_FQDN, EMAIL_FQDN) if you are using
virtual hosts.

DEFAULT_URL_HOST should be a fully qualified host name, not an actual
URL, e.g. 'mailman.example.com' not 'http://mailman.example.com'.

Currently, notices with URL references to cancel a posting are of the
form aaaa.yyyyy.com, and I want to change it to bbbb.zzzz.com.

Is this as simple as setting the DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py, then
running:

$prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url ?

I am running postfix in virtual domains mode, but I only have one domain
right now, if that matters...

I'm just a little nervous about 'fixing something that ain't broke'... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 6, 2007 at 4:40 am

    Charles Marcus wrote:
    Currently, notices with URL references to cancel a posting are of the
    form aaaa.yyyyy.com, and I want to change it to bbbb.zzzz.com.

    Is this as simple as setting the DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py, then
    running:

    $prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url ?

    Yes., but you also want to add the

    VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

    lines to mm_cfg,py following the reassignment of DEFAULT_URL_HOST

    I am running postfix in virtual domains mode, but I only have one domain
    right now, if that matters...

    As long as you aren't changing the email host, this shouldn't have any effect
    on Postfix or your Postfix settings.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 6, '07 at 3:50a
activeDec 6, '07 at 4:40a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Charles Marcus: 1 post