Hi!

I have a configuration of two servers which both import a shared
directory from a third server via NFS. One of the two server is the mail
server, the second is the web server.
I have copied the complete mailman tree to the NFS share. The
configuration works fine, mails are delivered and I can work within in
the web interface on the other server.
Unfortunately, removing lists doesn't work, because NFS doesn't support
locking.

mail bin # ./rmlist rk-rekoze
Not removing archives. Reinvoke with -a to remove them.

postalias: fatal: lock /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.db: No locks
available
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./rmlist", line 153, in ?
main()
File "./rmlist", line 121, in main
sys.modules[modname].remove(mlist)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 296, in remove
_update_maps()
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 53, in _update_maps
raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)

I know this is kind of Postfix related problem. but I hope somebody on
this list has run into the same problem and found a workaround.

Regards, Andreas

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 8, 2007 at 4:19 pm

    Andreas Achtzehn wrote:
    I have copied the complete mailman tree to the NFS share. The
    configuration works fine, mails are delivered and I can work within in
    the web interface on the other server.
    Unfortunately, removing lists doesn't work, because NFS doesn't support
    locking.

    Since it is postalias that fails, I would expect list creation to fail
    too, although in that case the list gets created; the only thing that
    doesn't get done is postalias and the owner notice.

    I know this is kind of Postfix related problem. but I hope somebody on
    this list has run into the same problem and found a workaround.

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.049.htp>
    and the archive message it points to. This addresses a different
    situation, but gives the idea of what you can do.

    What you need to do is set POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD in mm_cfg.py to run a
    script which will copy Mailman's data/aliases file to a path on the
    mail server and then run postalias on that file. You also need to
    change the postfix configuration (alias_maps) to reference the Mailman
    aliases file on the mail server.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 8, '07 at 2:56p
activeNov 8, '07 at 4:19p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Andreas Achtzehn: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post