I realize that these questions must have been asked a million times but
I have searched the archives and cannot find the answers.

Via the command line...

a) How to identify lists that have their reminders enabled.
b) How to disable those reminders.

// juan

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 11, 2007 at 2:19 pm

    Juan Miscaro wrote:
    Via the command line...

    a) How to identify lists that have their reminders enabled.

    You could use bin/withlist -a with a small script along the lines of

    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    See bin/withlist -h for more information.

    But ...
    b) How to disable those reminders.

    If all you want to do is not send reminders to any list, just remove
    the mailpasswds entry from Mailman's crontab.

  • Juan Miscaro at Oct 11, 2007 at 3:17 pm

    --- Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Juan Miscaro wrote:
    Via the command line...

    a) How to identify lists that have their reminders enabled.

    You could use bin/withlist -a with a small script along the lines of

    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    See bin/withlist -h for more information.

    Thank you but I need more guidance. I figure that is a python snippet.
    I put a shebang line pointing to my interpreter and ran the following
    command but the thing bombed:

    ./bin/withlist -a -r identify_reminder_lists.py

    Sorry for the newbie question.

    // juan

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 12, 2007 at 4:12 am

    Juan Miscaro wrote:
    --- Mark Sapiro wrote:
    You could use bin/withlist -a with a small script along the lines of

    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    See bin/withlist -h for more information.

    Thank you but I need more guidance. I figure that is a python snippet.
    I put a shebang line pointing to my interpreter and ran the following
    command but the thing bombed:

    ./bin/withlist -a -r identify_reminder_lists.py

    Save the above 3-line script as bin/show_reminders.py (or if you'd
    rather save it as bin/identify_reminder_lists.py, change the def to

    def identify_reminder_lists(mlist):
    )

    Then run it via

    bin/withlist -a -r show_reminders

    (note no .py suffix) or run it with

    bin/withlist -a -r identify_reminder_lists

    if you used that name.

    And you do not need a shebang line in the script. bin/withlist has an
    appropriate shebang line and it in turn knows what to do with the -r
    script.

  • Juan Miscaro at Oct 12, 2007 at 12:31 pm

    --- Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Juan Miscaro wrote:
    --- Mark Sapiro wrote:
    You could use bin/withlist -a with a small script along the lines
    of
    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    See bin/withlist -h for more information.

    Thank you but I need more guidance. I figure that is a python snippet.
    I put a shebang line pointing to my interpreter and ran the following
    command but the thing bombed:

    ./bin/withlist -a -r identify_reminder_lists.py

    Save the above 3-line script as bin/show_reminders.py (or if you'd
    rather save it as bin/identify_reminder_lists.py, change the def to

    def identify_reminder_lists(mlist):
    )

    Then run it via

    bin/withlist -a -r show_reminders

    The thing is still not working.

    $ ./withlist -a -r show_reminders
    Importing show_reminders...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./withlist", line 297, in ?
    main()
    File "./withlist", line 266, in main
    mod = __import__(module)
    ImportError: No module named show_reminders

    $ cat show_reminders
    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    $ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 _mailman _mailman 86B Oct 12 08:15
    /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders

    // juan

  • Frédéric Mantegazza at Oct 12, 2007 at 1:25 pm

    Le 12/10/2007, "Juan Miscaro" <scry_mr at yahoo.ca> a ?crit:
    The thing is still not working.

    $ ./withlist -a -r show_reminders
    Importing show_reminders...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./withlist", line 297, in ?
    main()
    File "./withlist", line 266, in main
    mod = __import__(module)
    ImportError: No module named show_reminders

    $ cat show_reminders
    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    $ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 _mailman _mailman 86B Oct 12 08:15
    /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
    Your file must end with .py

    --
    Fr?d?ric
  • Juan Miscaro at Oct 12, 2007 at 2:07 pm
    ImportError: No module named show_reminders

    $ cat show_reminders
    def show_reminders(mlist):
    if mlist.send_reminders:
    print mlist.real_name

    $ ls -l /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 _mailman _mailman 86B Oct 12 08:15
    /usr/local/lib/mailman/bin/show_reminders
    Your file must end with .py

    m(_ _)m

    Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

groupmailman-users @