Hi everyone,

Here is how I migrated mailman from one server to another:

1) Create all mailings lists on destination server.
2) Copy the following folders to the destination server.
archives
data
lists
lists-generic
locks
logs
qfiles
spam
3) Ran fixurl for all lists (probably not relevant).

Lists with hyphens like, "-", no longer work. Postix has no trouble
delivering mail to these lists to the maildir, but the emails simply lie
in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/maildir/cur/ and nothing appears to happen to
them..

Log files show nothing helpful:
Aug 31 17:32:08 2007 (14022)
<mailman.0.1188595927.11401.hyphen-ated at reservoir.com> smtp to
hyphen-ated for 1 recips, completed in 0.058 seconds
Aug 31 17:33:12 2007 (14022)
<mailman.0.1188595990.11581.hyphen-ated at reservoir.com> smtp to
hyphen-ated for 1 recips, completed in 0.040 seconds
Aug 31 17:33:50 2007 (14022)
Aug 31 17:33:10 2007 (11581) hyphen-ated: held subscription request from
falko at reservoir.com

When a user request is made to add a user to these lists, the
confirmation email does not get sent to the admin. Postfix does not
report any delivery problems.

I tried googling this, but found nothing.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Andrey Falko

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 31, 2007 at 11:10 pm

    Andrey Falko wrote:
    Lists with hyphens like, "-", no longer work. Postix has no trouble
    delivering mail to these lists to the maildir, but the emails simply lie
    in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/maildir/cur/ and nothing appears to happen to
    them..

    The files in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/maildir/cur/ probably have names
    ending in '1:X' indicating a MaildirRunner processing error.

    falko at reservoir.com

    There should be messages in Mailman's error log saying 'Message
    apparently not for any list: %s' where the %s is replaced with the
    name of the /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/maildir/cur/*1:X file.

    The bottom line is there is a bug in MaildirRunner.py. It doesn't work
    with hyphenated list names as it conflates the last part of the name
    with the -bounces, -request, etc. suffixes.

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 1, 2007 at 1:23 am

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    The bottom line is there is a bug in MaildirRunner.py. It doesn't work
    with hyphenated list names as it conflates the last part of the name
    with the -bounces, -request, etc. suffixes.

    The attached MaildirRunner.patch.txt file contains a patch which I
    think will fix this bug. I've tested the revised regexp somewhat and
    it seems to work, but I would appreciate your trying the patch and
    reporting the results.

    Make a backup copy of Mailman/Queue/MaildirRunner.py, apply the patch
    and restart Mailman.