I am really lost as to why I have some archives which are public working
fine but I one some of my lists if I make them public I receive the
following:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pipermail/listname/ on this server.

I have read the discussion archives and have not found a solution to
this. I am running Mailman 2.1.7.

Jewel

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 23, 2007 at 3:56 pm

    Jewel Makda wrote:
    I am really lost as to why I have some archives which are public working
    fine but I one some of my lists if I make them public I receive the
    following:

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /pipermail/listname/ on this server.

    I have read the discussion archives and have not found a solution to
    this. I am running Mailman 2.1.7.

    This is puzzling since most permission or web server config issues
    would affect all public archives, not just some.

    What is in your web server (apache?) error_log for this 403 error?

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 23, 2007 at 5:30 pm

    Jewel Makda wrote:
    [error] Symbloic link not allowed: /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/mylist
    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    This is puzzling since most permission or web server config issues
    would affect all public archives, not just some.

    What is in your web server (apache?) error_log for this 403 error?

    I think you need

    <Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives/public>
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>

    in your httpd.conf. I suspect you have multiple virtual hosts and you
    may have this where it applies to some, but not all hosts.

    You need to have the above in a place where it applies globally, or you
    need to have it in each VirtualHost section that has Mailman lists.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 23, '07 at 3:40p
activeAug 23, '07 at 5:30p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 2 posts Jewel Makda: 1 post