Hi again

When getting your list administrators to use email commands that
require authentication where in the email is the password put in? in the
body? the subject? I imagine this is very easy and once again I have
shown my ignorance.

Luke Daly
Systems Officer
IT Infrastructure
Newcastle University
17000

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 20, 2007 at 2:15 am

    Luke Daly wrote:
    When getting your list administrators to use email commands that
    require authentication where in the email is the password put in? in the
    body? the subject? I imagine this is very easy and once again I have
    shown my ignorance.

    Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do?

    The syntax of the various email commands is described in the output
    from the 'help' and 'set help' commands sent to the listname-request
    address.

    The one exception is email approval of a held message in which case, an

    header needs to be included in the message containing the 'confirm'
    command ('password' is the list's admin or moderator password).

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 20, '07 at 1:22a
activeAug 20, '07 at 2:15a