case, and they do that now as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn Kolb
dawn.kolb at gmail.com

Search Discussions

  • Wes at Aug 10, 2007 at 2:01 pm
    This might be due to a restriction of your webhost. Are you using a
    shared hosting service? If so, contact them and see if they have any
    limits on outgoing mail...

    How many subscribers are there and how many typical messages do you have
    per day?
    Dawn Kolb wrote:
    I don't know if this issue has been brought up before, but I am new
    to the listserv so.....

    I run an online chat forum with Mailman, and several people are not
    getting all the messages. Occasionally I get a message saying "Domain
    <omitted> has exceeded the max emails per hour. Message discarded."
    What does that mean? What is the maximum number of emails per hour
    permitted?

    I have looked through the FAQs but nothing there could help me.
    Everyone on the list signed up themselves, and each have written
    something in the last few days so nobody is notifying their ISP that
    it is spam. I have told everyone to search their spam folders just in

    dawn.kolb at gmail.com

    Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&amp;file=faq01.027.htp
  • Brian Carpenter at Aug 10, 2007 at 2:20 pm
    Hi Dawn:

    You are probably on a cpanel server. To get the answer to your question, "
    What is the maximum number of emails per hour permitted?" you should contact
    your hosting provider. They are ones that have set this limit.

    Kind regards,
    Brian Carpenter
    --------------------------------------
    EMWD - Executive Officer

    dawn.kolb at gmail.com
    Unsubscribe:
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/brian%40emwd.com

    Security Policy:

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 10, '07 at 1:31p
activeAug 10, '07 at 2:20p
websitelist.org

3 users in discussion

Dawn Kolb: 1 post Brian Carpenter: 1 post Wes: 1 post