Hello
One of my lists doesn't seem to have sent out the password for users
when they were moved from the previous system. My question is is there
an easy way to resend the passwords out manually to all members? the
monthly reminder doesnt seem to be sending them out. iam kind of at a
loss as to why. Thanks again guys hope to be able to post some responses
to other peoples issues soon rather than the leech i am at the moment.

Luke Daly
Systems Officer
IT Infrastructure
Newcastle University
17000

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Aug 8, 2007 at 3:08 am

    One of my lists doesn't seem to have sent out the password for users
    when they were moved from the previous system. My question is is there
    an easy way to resend the passwords out manually to all members? the
    monthly reminder doesnt seem to be sending them out. iam kind of at a
    loss as to why. Thanks again guys hope to be able to post some responses
    to other peoples issues soon rather than the leech i am at the moment.
    There are a number of standard cron jobs that you're supposed to run
    as part of the standard installation process for Mailman, and one of
    those is the one to handle the sending out of passwords.

    After making sure that you've got all the right cron jobs created for
    Mailman, you could take the specific cron entry for sending out the
    passwords and instead do that one by hand, as a one-time operation.

    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 19, 2007 at 2:42 am

    Brad Knowles wrote:
    One of my lists doesn't seem to have sent out the password for users
    when they were moved from the previous system. My question is is there
    an easy way to resend the passwords out manually to all members? the
    monthly reminder doesnt seem to be sending them out. iam kind of at a
    loss as to why. Thanks again guys hope to be able to post some responses
    to other peoples issues soon rather than the leech i am at the moment.
    There are a number of standard cron jobs that you're supposed to run
    as part of the standard installation process for Mailman, and one of
    those is the one to handle the sending out of passwords.

    After making sure that you've got all the right cron jobs created for
    Mailman, you could take the specific cron entry for sending out the
    passwords and instead do that one by hand, as a one-time operation.

    Right!

    See Mailman's

    cron/mailpasswds --help

    Also, make sure that the list's Send monthly password reminders?
    (send_reminders) is set to Yes.

    - --

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython