Hello Mailman Users

In the email that gets sent to new subscribers, there is a message like
the one below:

Is it possible to change those URLs in one of the .py files somewhere?

I'd like it to show "http://pcst.geniusmoon.com.au" instead, which
would have a redirect (that I create manually) that sends the user to
the above URL.

I'm thinking that it would be a matter of changing what wraps around the
variables - domain and list name.

http://$LISTNAME.$DOMAIN

Any clues greatly appreciated.

regards
Mark Dale

--------------------------------------
Mark Dale

phone: 02 6112 8632
mobile: 0403 831 748
email: mdale at geniusmoon.com.au

--------------------------------------

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 5, 2007 at 2:48 am
    It appears this message was delivered twice from relay00.pair.com to
    bag.python.org. The relevant Received: headers from one copy are

    by relay00.pair.com with SMTP; 5 Aug 2007 01:18:41 -0000

    and from the other copy

    by relay00.pair.com with SMTP; 5 Aug 2007 01:18:41 -0000

    Note the identical first two (bottom two) headers followed by different
    receive times in the third header.

    Mark Dale wrote:
    In the email that gets sent to new subscribers, there is a message like
    the one below:

    Is it possible to change those URLs in one of the .py files somewhere?

    I'd like it to show "http://pcst.geniusmoon.com.au" instead, which
    would have a redirect (that I create manually) that sends the user to
    the above URL.

    I'm thinking that it would be a matter of changing what wraps around the
    variables - domain and list name.

    http://$LISTNAME.$DOMAIN

    This URL and essentially all others for all the CGI modules, not just
    listinfo, is built by calling the ScriptURL() function in
    Mailman/Utils.py with the scriptname (listinfo in this case) as an
    argument. That function returns the
    http://$DOMAIN/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ part. See that function for
    what it does. The actual list name is appended to the ScriptURL()
    result by the caller and this is done all over the place.

    grep -r ScriptURL\(\'listinfo\' *

    in the Mailman directory finds 25 different calls from 17 different
    modules.

    If all you want to change is the one occurrence of this URL in the
    list's welcome email, just edit the Welcome email text file
    (subscribeack.txt) template via the admin web interface to make a list
    specific version and replace

    %(listinfo_url)s

    with

    http://pcst.geniusmoon.com.au