Hi Mark,

I decided to make a copy of the /var/mailman/data/aliases.db file
yesterday. I wanted to see if it changed after the server rebooted.
Well the server rebooted a couple of minutes ago and I took a look at
the directory:

-rw-r----- 1 root mailman 41 Apr 12 11:39
adm.pw
-rw-rw---- 1 root mailman 228933 Aug 2 15:17 aliases
-rwxrwxr-x 1 mailman mailman 81920 Aug 2 15:17 aliases.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mailman mailman 344064 Aug 2 22:32 aliases.db.bak
-rwxrwsr-x 1 mailman mailman 0 Aug 1 2006 bounce-
events-00481.pck

(notice how the aliases, aliases.db and aliases.db.bak are all
different sizes?)

It appears that the aliase.db does somehow get reverted to an earlier
version of itself (very weird) - but it would explain why I loosing
lists and users. I took your advice and postalias aliases/postfix
reload and that worked:

corp-admin2:/var/mailman/data root# ls -l
total 5376
-rw-r----- 1 root mailman 41 Apr 12 11:39 adm.pw
-rw-rw---- 1 root mailman 228933 Aug 2 15:17 aliases
-rwxrwxr-x 1 mailman mailman 344064 Aug 3 11:04 aliases.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mailman mailman 344064 Aug 2 22:32 aliases.db.bak

Your absolutely right, postifx isn't doing what it should on boot
up. But where is that old db file coming from?

still looking....