My bounce processing is set to:

The maximum member bounce score before the member's subscription is
disabled. This value can be a floating point number. 3.0
The number of days after which a member's bounce information is
discarded, if no new bounces have been received in the interim. This
value must be an integer. 4
How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should
get before their address is removed from the mailing list. Set to 0 to
immediately remove an address from the list once their bounce score
exceeds the threshold. This value must be an integer. 2
The number of days between sending the Your Membership Is Disabled
warnings. This value must be an integer. 2

The problem is that on the 25 July I had 2000 users accounts set to
disabled as they reached the threshold of 3.0 warning emails were sent
out. Nothing has happened since no second warning message also the
accounts haven't been unsubscribed.

Is there anything I can check to see why this process is not working?

Thanks
Trevor

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 1, 2007 at 2:27 pm

    Trevor Dodds wrote:
    The problem is that on the 25 July I had 2000 users accounts set to
    disabled as they reached the threshold of 3.0 warning emails were sent
    out. Nothing has happened since no second warning message also the
    accounts haven't been unsubscribed.

    Once delivery is disabled by bounce, the rest of the process depends on
    Mailman's cron jobs, specifically cron/disabled. Are these being run?

  • Brad Knowles at Aug 1, 2007 at 6:18 pm