What about OS? I have the same problems FreeBSD 6.2...
Geo
----- Original Message -----
From: "Melick Andy" <melick.andy at ncocc.k12.oh.us>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 5:39 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] 550 User Unknown when trying to post
tomailman/sendmail list

Hello,

I setup mailman without any issues "I think". I also have configured
sendmail to work with mailman. I followed the directions by David
Champion to integrate these two applications. I can telnet and my
sendmail server seems to be responding fine as well as I can create email
lists in the mailman web interface.

Im confused at this point from the directions. I do not understand how
mailman interacts with sendmail. I do not have anything in my
virtusertable and my mm-handler is default. I have compiled my mailman.mc
as sendmail.cf and put it in the "working dir". How does mailman create
the sendmail users or does it use an alias for all of the lists?

All I get is unknown user when I try to send to my lists.

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Andy
Searchable Archives: