Thanks for help...
FreeBSD 6.2, after installed mailman from port /usr/ports/mail/mailman
Apache is OK...but sendmail cannot work with mailman...I created list (named
"mailman"), but mailman replies for attempt to send message by the way:
The original message was received at Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:00:40 +0400 (MSD)
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
(reason: 2)
(expanded from: <mailman at bind9.cit.ru>)

Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "mailnull". Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailnull'.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2
-------------------------------------
From post-installation instructions we can see:
"you have to choose SENDMAIL option on config build and port will set
MAIL_GID=mailnull to you",
but makefile in port containes :".if defined(WITH_SENDMAIL)...
MAIL_GID? mailnull
.endif"
May be it's not enough

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 30, 2007 at 2:09 am

    Geo wrote:
    FreeBSD 6.2, after installed mailman from port /usr/ports/mail/mailman
    Apache is OK...but sendmail cannot work with mailman...I created list (named
    "mailman"), but mailman replies for attempt to send message by the way:
    The original message was received at Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:00:40 +0400 (MSD)
    from localhost [127.0.0.1]

    "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
    (reason: 2)
    (expanded from: <mailman at bind9.cit.ru>)

    Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail
    wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but
    the system's mail server executed the mail script as
    group "mailnull". Try tweaking the mail server to run the
    script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,
    providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailnull'.
    554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2
    -------------------------------------

    I think you understand what the error is telling you. You have to
    either make sendmail run the pipe as group mailman or you have to make
    the wrapper expect to be run as group mailnull.

    From post-installation instructions we can see:
    "you have to choose SENDMAIL option on config build and port will set
    MAIL_GID=mailnull to you",
    but makefile in port containes :".if defined(WITH_SENDMAIL)...
    MAIL_GID? mailnull
    .endif"
    May be it's not enough

    I have no idea how the FreeBSD port sets the expected group for the
    wrapper. This is a FreeBSD Mailman question. In our Mailman
    distribution, the expected group is compiled into the wrapper from the
    --with-mail-gid option to configure.

    The things you quote above seem to say it should be doing the right
    thing, but I have no way to know.

    What does the rest of the makefile do with MAIL_GID? Can you determine
    if it is put in a file somewhere and what that file actually contains?
    Perhaps you can fix it by changing that file if that's what it does.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 30, '07 at 1:21a
activeJul 30, '07 at 2:09a