Hello, I have a problem with attachments from automated system
I am using debian 3 with python 2.3 + mailman 2.1.9 with htdig patch

the type of message is:
7BIT

This I see in archives and in client's mail application thunderbird
Before with mailman 2.1.5 there was no problem

<<File: T1120.XLS>>
Please refer to the attached file for
the Shipalerts

This mail was sent from an
Automated System.

begin 600 T1120.xls
MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````!
M`````0``````````$````@````$```#^____``````````#_____________
M____________________________________________________________
M____________________________________________________________
M____________________________________________________________
M____________________________________________________________

M3D154U1224%,($535$%412P&``@`!@`#``8`!@`&``8`!@`#``,`!@`(``@`
B"``'``,`"``&``(``==
`
end

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 25, 2007 at 3:02 pm

    Stephan Lidanski wrote:
    Hello, I have a problem with attachments from automated system
    I am using debian 3 with python 2.3 + mailman 2.1.9 with htdig patch

    And what is the problem? If you want to know why Content filtering is
    not removing this, it is because this is not a separate MIME part
    which is all that Content filtering deals with.

    This 'attachment' is plain text uuencoded data within the text/plain
    message. If you don't want this on your list, you will have to pevent
    the sender (an automated system?) from sending them or not allow this
    sender to post.

    the type of message is:
    7BIT

    This I see in archives and in client's mail application thunderbird
    Before with mailman 2.1.5 there was no problem

    <<File: T1120.XLS>>
    Please refer to the attached file for
    the Shipalerts

    This mail was sent from an
    Automated System.

    begin 600 T1120.xls <snip>
    end

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 25, '07 at 7:01a
activeJul 25, '07 at 3:02p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Stephan Lidanski: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post