One of our Mailman users wanted to get a list of the lists he was subscribed
to. He read "somewhere on the internet" that this was available by posting
GETMYLISTS to Mailman.

I can't find this documented anywhere, but I did find this page which
mentions a 'which' command that does the same thing.

http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/help/mailman/commands.htm

That page's header says "Mailman - Listserv Distribution Lists", which
confused me momentarily, but they do seem to be using Mailman (2.0.8).

Is this functionality available via a plugin? (Do plugins for Mailman
exist?)

I know it can be done with find_member, but I'm interested in whether this
is available for regular list members to do.

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 23, 2007 at 3:19 pm

    chris burgess wrote:
    One of our Mailman users wanted to get a list of the lists he was subscribed
    to. He read "somewhere on the internet" that this was available by posting
    GETMYLISTS to Mailman.

    Never heard of this.

    I can't find this documented anywhere, but I did find this page which
    mentions a 'which' command that does the same thing.

    http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/help/mailman/commands.htm

    I can't get this page. www.mcmaster.ca appears to not be in DNS. I
    can't even access the name servers listed for the mcmaster.ca domain
    by IP.

    This function exists in Mailman only in the following way:

    The user visits her options page for one list at e.g.,
    http://www.example.com/mailman/options/mylist1/user at example.net and
    clicks the "List my other subscriptions" button. This will show all
    the lists in the www.example.com domain of which user at example.net is a
    member.

    There is no email request to do this.

    There is an email 'lists' command (sent to the listname-request
    address), but it lists all public lists, not the lists of which the
    user is a member.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 23, '07 at 7:01a
activeJul 23, '07 at 3:19p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Chris burgess: 1 post