I'm trying to send email to a mailman list from an address that isn't
subscribed to the list, The expected behaviour (or the configured at
least) would be for this message to be held for moderation, however it's
not, and I'm getting the following error. Versions: Python 2.5.1,
Mailman is 2.1.9.

List members can post to the list fine.

Jul 10 17:11:58 2007 (28644) Uncaught runner exception: unbound method
reason_notice() must be called with ImplicitDestination instance as
first argument (got nothing instead)

Jul 10 17:11:58 2007 (28644) Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 105, in _oneloop

self._onefile(msg, msgdata)

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 155, in _onefile

keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 129, in
_dispose

status = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 152, in
_dopipeline

sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 162, in process

hold_for_approval(mlist, msg, msgdata, ImplicitDestination)

File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 205, in
hold_for_approval

reason = Utils.wrap(exc.reason_notice())

TypeError: unbound method reason_notice() must be called with
ImplicitDestination instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

Jul 10 17:11:58 2007 (28644) SHUNTING:
1184083917.788264+31f0e344a0c344044943f7eb4b0669288a21e319

Cheers

Simon

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jul 10, 2007 at 4:59 pm

    I'm trying to send email to a mailman list from an address that isn't
    subscribed to the list, The expected behaviour (or the configured at
    least) would be for this message to be held for moderation, however it's
    not, and I'm getting the following error. Versions: Python 2.5.1,
    Mailman is 2.1.9.
    IIRC, Python 2.5.x is too new for Mailman 2.1.9. Try going back to
    the most recent version of Python 2.4.x, and see what happens.

    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
  • Todd Zullinger at Jul 10, 2007 at 6:27 pm