FAQ
OK, the stroy is long, but there may be a lot of reasons for the
problems, so here it goes.

Last week the server running mailman had been upgraded (meaning a
completly new machine with all the data migrated from the old one).

At this time also mailman has been upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.1.9

Some minor problems appeared, like rights to archives, but they have
been fixed.

Unfortunately, one of the lists set for public archive is creating a
private archive. The WWW admin interface still showed the archive
option set to 'public'. I tried to switch it to private and back to
public and saw this error message:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9
We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing
of traceback and other system information has been explicitly
inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the
Mailman error logs.

I checked the log - there is *some* info, nothing helpful to me, but,
if necessary, I can quote it...

Now even an attemt to log into the admin interface of this list
generates this error message. :(

I run check_db - it says the config.pck file is OK.

List as such is running OK - mails are recieved, delivered and
archived (still in *private* archive directory), only the admin
interface is broken.

Where else should I look for the cause?

If everything else fails it's possible to create a new list and
import as much information from "strings dump" of the pickle file but
I'd rather revive the current one. And fix this damn archiving...

Jo'Asia

--
Joanna Slupek --- --- --- .-- --- " ---
http://esensja.pl |--- '-- |--- | | '-- | --|
joasia at redakcja.esensja.pl --- ---' --- | | ---' | '--.
-------------------------------------------------------------------' ----

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 14, 2007 at 2:16 am

    Jo'Asia wrote:
    I checked the log - there is *some* info, nothing helpful to me, but,
    if necessary, I can quote it...

    That's what it's for. Please send the tracebacks from Mailman's error
    log.

    Now even an attemt to log into the admin interface of this list
    generates this error message. :(

    I run check_db - it says the config.pck file is OK.

    It only checks that it can be read as a pickle. It doesn't check the
    integrity of the data.

    List as such is running OK - mails are recieved, delivered and
    archived (still in *private* archive directory), only the admin
    interface is broken.

    All lists are archived in the private directory. The public directory
    only contains symlinks to the private archives.

    The good news is if the list works, the config.pck is OK.

    Where else should I look for the cause?

    Tell us what the error messages say.

    If everything else fails it's possible to create a new list and
    import as much information from "strings dump" of the pickle file but
    I'd rather revive the current one. And fix this damn archiving...

    It's very tedious, and in this case, I don't think it's necessary.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 13, '07 at 6:47p
activeJun 14, '07 at 2:16a
posts2
users2
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jo'Asia: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase