Hi all,

I'm a serious newbie to Mailmain, but I've worked through most of my
installation and basic configuration issues to get it up an running. I do need
some clarification regarding announcement lists. The instructions tell me to
create a new directory:

"In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message. Create
a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory. Then edit this file
for your specific wording. Mailman will use this specialized
template for the English welcome messages."

I'm assuming that this directory is in the root of the /usr/lib/Mailman/
directory. Is this correct? I've created the following directory structure:
/usr/lib/mailman/Lists/XXXX-high-school-announcements/en and copied over the
subscribeack.txt file. I've edited the subscribeack.ext file to reflect what I
want the welcome message to say, but it doesn't seem to be working. I think I
need to configure Mailman to use the new template, but I couldn't find any such
instructions.

Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at May 29, 2007 at 7:46 pm