Hello Mailman Users:

I am new to list servs and am experiencing the following error when sending
out to the ctap_survey mailing list. Looking for some advice to
remedy...Please advise if you have experienced and resolved this error.
Could someone dechiper this for me. The mailing lists were working with no
known changes...Thank you!

Mailman version 2.1.5

This is the Postfix program at host borg.ctap1.org.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be delivered
to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own
text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<ctap_survey-request at borg.ctap1.org>: Command died with status 2:
"/usr/share/mailman/mail/mailman request ctap_survey". Command output:
Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the
mail
script as group "nobody". Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script
as group "mailman", or re-run configure, providing the command line
option
`--with-mail-gid=nobody'.

Jeff Haugen
Technology Manager
CTAP Region 1
Mendocino Office of Education
(707) 467-5085 office
(707) 468-5781 fax

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 24, 2007 at 10:23 pm

    Jeff Haugen wrote:
[...]

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.016.htp>
    for information on what this error means.

    Normally, if Mailman and Postfix are 'integrated', the Postfix aliases
    for Mailman lists are in Mailman's data/aliases* files and these files
    are owned by Mailman's user:group.

    It seems that perhaps the ownership of these files has changed causing
    the above error (Postfix runs the pipe as the user:group of the owner
    of the alias file in which the pipe alias is found), or possibly this
    is a new list and someone added aliases for it to /etc/aliases or ?
    instead of relying on Mailman/Postfix integration to automatically add
    the aliases to data/aliases.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 24, '07 at 9:41p