I had a user complain that she could not send mail, reply, or check Sent
Mail.
She would click on "Sent" and after awhile it would just download a file
called right_main.php.

After some checking I found that the file was pretty large 193MB, though
there were other files that were larger, but still accessible.

My 'fix' or hack, whatever you will call it, was to split the file into
three sets (2005, 2006, 2007), using the same MAILMAN header for each file.
I then subscribed to these new 'folders' and viola she had access to all of
her Sent mail. I then moved the data from 2007 back into the actual Sent
mail file. Now when she composes mail it will have some semblance of working
correctly.

My question is why did it break in the first place.

--
In vino veritas.
[In wine there is truth.]

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 5, 2007 at 1:45 am

    Justin Denick wrote:
    I had a user complain that she could not send mail, reply, or check Sent
    Mail.
    She would click on "Sent" and after awhile it would just download a file
    called right_main.php.

    After some checking I found that the file was pretty large 193MB, though
    there were other files that were larger, but still accessible.

    My 'fix' or hack, whatever you will call it, was to split the file into
    three sets (2005, 2006, 2007), using the same MAILMAN header for each file.
    I then subscribed to these new 'folders' and viola she had access to all of
    her Sent mail. I then moved the data from 2007 back into the actual Sent
    mail file. Now when she composes mail it will have some semblance of working
    correctly.

    My question is why did it break in the first place.

    Did you really mean to send this question to the Mailman-Users list?

    If so, you have to provide a lot more detail to enable us to understand
    how it relates to Mailman.

  • Brad Knowles at Apr 5, 2007 at 3:57 pm

    I had a user complain that she could not send mail, reply, or check Sent
    Mail.
    She would click on "Sent" and after awhile it would just download a file
    called right_main.php.
    I'm pretty sure that Mailman doesn't use PHP -- It's Python, instead.
    So, whatever is going on here, I don't think it has anything to do
    with Mailman per se.
    After some checking I found that the file was pretty large 193MB, though
    there were other files that were larger, but still accessible.

    My 'fix' or hack, whatever you will call it, was to split the file into
    three sets (2005, 2006, 2007), using the same MAILMAN header for each file.
    I then subscribed to these new 'folders' and viola she had access to all of
    her Sent mail. I then moved the data from 2007 back into the actual Sent
    mail file. Now when she composes mail it will have some semblance of working
    correctly.
    Split the file? Mailman headers? Folders? Sent mail? None of this
    sounds like it has anything remotely to do with Mailman at all. This
    all sounds like a webmail problems, or maybe a problem with whatever
    program she uses to send e-mail.
    My question is why did it break in the first place.
    Seeing that this doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with
    Mailman, I have no clue why it may have broken, or what may have been
    the problem. I don't even understand what you're talking about
    having fixed.

  • Patrick Bogen at Apr 5, 2007 at 5:04 pm

    I had a user complain that she could not send mail, reply, or check Sent
    Mail.
    She would click on "Sent" and after awhile it would just download a file
    called right_main.php.
    I'm pretty sure that Mailman doesn't use PHP -- It's Python, instead.
    So, whatever is going on here, I don't think it has anything to do
    with Mailman per se.
    Indeed, 'right_main.php' reminds me of squirrelmail, which, IIRC, is PHP.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython