Hello!

The default url of Mailman is /mailman/. But I want to change it to some
/q/mailman/.
Unfortunately, /q/ is mapped by using "ScriptAlias", it means that
"ScriptAlias /q/mailman/" will be overrided by /q/.
I tried to make a symbol link to the mailman cgi-bin directory under /q/ but
mailman failed to work.

Any suggestions on this issue?

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 16, 2007 at 5:48 am

    Wei Yu wrote:
    The default url of Mailman is /mailman/. But I want to change it to some
    /q/mailman/.
    Unfortunately, /q/ is mapped by using "ScriptAlias", it means that
    "ScriptAlias /q/mailman/" will be overrided by /q/.
    I tried to make a symbol link to the mailman cgi-bin directory under /q/ but
    mailman failed to work.

    This is really a question about your web server, not Mailman, but
    assuming Apache, you might be able to do this as follows:

    Assume your existing ScriptAlias /q/ is

    ScriptAlias /q/ /path/to/q/cgi-bin/

    You could change it to

    ScriptAliasMatch /q/(?!mailman/)(.*) /path/to/q/cgi-bin/$1

    If Apache recognizes that negative lookahead assertion (and I'm not
    sure it does), this will do the same as the original except for
    /q/mailman/. Then you can add your "ScriptAlias /q/mailman/" and it
    won't be preempted by "ScriptAlias /q/".

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 14, '07 at 5:39p
activeMar 16, '07 at 5:48a