Hi all,

do you guys know where should we configure the accents in mailman messages ?

I would like to send a welcome message to new subscribers with accents, but
they apear with

à codes like.

I am running mailman 2.1.8 in freebsd !

Is it related with the code language of the SO ? or is it configured in
mailman specifically ?

thank you all and

best regards,

nuno

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 13, 2007 at 6:51 pm

    Nuno Gon?alves wrote:
    do you guys know where should we configure the accents in mailman messages ?

    I would like to send a welcome message to new subscribers with accents, but
    they apear with

    à codes like.

    Your browser converts the accented characters to the &#nnn; codes when
    it submits the form data and Mailman makes no attempt to convert the
    codes back.

    You can use either bin/withlist or bin/config_list to set welcome_msg
    to the desired text, but this is not a real solution because the next
    time 'Submit Your Changes' on the General Options page is clicked, the
    characters will revert to the &#nnn; codes.

    The real solution is to make a list/language specific version of the
    subscribeack.txt template as discussed at
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>.
    Note that you can also make/edit a list specific version of this
    template via the "Edit the public HTML pages and text files" link on
    the admin pages, but this won't work for the same reason setting
    welcome_msg doesn't work.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 13, '07 at 5:20p
activeMar 13, '07 at 6:51p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Nuno Gonçalves: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post