Is there a recipe to put in the spam filters that will trap a totally
empty subject line in a message? This get posted to a list with
(no subject) in the subject line, but this is evidently added after
the spam filter check.

I've tried \n, which catches these, but it also catches too many
well.

Virtually all of these null-subject posts we get are demands to
unsubscribe the poster. On our lists, we'd settle for catching them
as administrative requests.

Hank

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 2, 2007 at 5:05 pm

    vancleef at lostwells.net wrote:
    Is there a recipe to put in the spam filters that will trap a totally
    empty subject line in a message? This get posted to a list with
    (no subject) in the subject line, but this is evidently added after
    the spam filter check.

    Try the following regexp in header_filter_rules with a Hold action

    ^subject:\s*(\(no subject\))?\s*$

  • Vancleef at Mar 14, 2007 at 2:28 am