I'm running mailman 2.1.5 on a Ubuntu 6.0.1 server, and am going to do
an initial mass invitation to the mailing list. Is there a way to have
any invitations that bounce be forwarded to the list owner? (If not the
bounces can always be culled from the postfix log, but it would be nice
if there were a way to have them forwarded automatically.) I didn't
see anything obvious in the bounce settings that would provide this
functionality.

--
Carter Braxton

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 22, 2007 at 7:37 pm

    Carter Braxton wrote:
    I'm running mailman 2.1.5 on a Ubuntu 6.0.1 server, and am going to do
    an initial mass invitation to the mailing list. Is there a way to have
    any invitations that bounce be forwarded to the list owner? (If not the
    bounces can always be culled from the postfix log, but it would be nice
    if there were a way to have them forwarded automatically.) I didn't
    see anything obvious in the bounce settings that would provide this
    functionality.

    Upon first glance, it would seem you might be able to do this by
    setting all the bounce notifications On and setting
    bounce_score_threshold to 1.0 before sending the invitations, but this
    won't work because the received bounces (at least the recognized ones)
    will be for addresses which aren't yet member addresses, so they will
    be ignored.

    I think you're stuck with MTA logs or with setting and alias like

    listname-bounces: listname-owner

    temporarily until the bounces have been received.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 22, '07 at 4:23a
activeFeb 22, '07 at 7:37p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Carter Braxton: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post