Is there a command I can run to change all members of a
list to a "nomail" setting? And then change it back? I
didn't see anything in the FAQ. I do have root access on
the server. Running MM 2.1.8.

--Karl

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 7, 2007 at 4:20 pm

    Karl Zander wrote:
    Is there a command I can run to change all members of a
    list to a "nomail" setting? And then change it back? I
    didn't see anything in the FAQ. I do have root access on
    the server. Running MM 2.1.8.

    You can do this with bin/withlist, but there are complications
    depending on what you want to do with members who are already set to
    nomail by themselves or by bounce or even by admin.

    There is a nomail by unknown reason which is a conversion of a Mailman
    2.0 nomail status that didn't have an associated reason. So I would
    set all currently enabled members to nomail by unknown and then later
    set the nomail by unknown members back to enabled, thus leaving the
    admin, bounce and user settings alone.

    To do this go to <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/> or
    <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/> and get the reset_bounce.py
    script. Then find the lines

    if mlist.getDeliveryStatus(member) == MemberAdaptor.BYBOUNCE:
    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.ENABLED)
    count += 1

    and change them to

    if mlist.getDeliveryStatus(member) == MemberAdaptor.ENABLED:
    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.UNKNOWN)
    count += 1

    and run the script under withlist as described in the text at the front
    of the script.

    Then to set delivery back, change the lines to

    if mlist.getDeliveryStatus(member) == MemberAdaptor.UNKNOWN:
    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.ENABLED)
    count += 1

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 7, '07 at 3:26p