Hello,

I've been asked to do some modifications on 100 mailing lists, to implement
a new owner/moderator policy for all those lists.
There is 1 owner for the 100 lists, and the previous owners of each list
become moderators.

The owner of the 100 lists wants the same owner password of the 100 lists,
and they also want the same passwd for moderators.

I have written a shell script to do most of the list owners and moderator
changes, but I can't find how to change the moderator and owner password.

change_pw and withlist seems to change only a user's password (but I might
have missed something there as I'm not fluent in Python()

can the admin and moderator password be changed with a command line?
or an email command that I could include in my shell script?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cat
Burning Man Sysadmin Team

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 7, 2007 at 3:03 am

    Cat wrote:
    change_pw and withlist seems to change only a user's password (but I might
    have missed something there as I'm not fluent in Python()

    change_pw changes the list admin password. As written, it doesn't
    change the moderator password. See 'bin/change_pw --help'

    withlist can change any passwords, but you have to know how to do it in
    Python.

    The essentials to set either the admin and moderator passwords are

    import sha
    mlist.password = sha.new('new_admin_pw').hexdigest()
    mlist.mod_password = sha.new('new_moderator_pw').hexdigest()

    where mlist is the list instance and new_*_pw is the respective new
    password.

    You could also use the above three lines with appropriate password
    values as an input file to bin/config_list.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 7, '07 at 1:40a
activeFeb 7, '07 at 3:03a