What I did to handle mail was add othedomain.com to the sendmail
cw file (local-host-names).

What I see in the headers in a post to the list is:

Sender: mylist-bounces at mydomain.net

How do I get the correct names (otherdomain.com) in the last three
header lines?

I've added to mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'otherdomain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.otherdomain.com'

(actually, tried the "add_virtualhost" before the redefined defaults
before trying it after). The list URL is correct (withlist/fix_url)
but the mail headers aren't.

How to fix this? Do I need to restart the qrunners?

Hank

--
Hank van Cleef (vancleef at lostwells.net, hvanclee at nyx.net)
1986 420SEL "A stranger in paradise" (Fremont Co. Wyoming)

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 10, 2007 at 3:29 am

    Sender: mylist-bounces at mydomain.net

    How do I get the correct names (otherdomain.com) in the last three
    header lines?

    I've added to mm_cfg.py

    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'otherdomain.com'
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.otherdomain.com'

    (actually, tried the "add_virtualhost" before the redefined defaults
    before trying it after). The list URL is correct (withlist/fix_url)
    but the mail headers aren't.

    How to fix this? Do I need to restart the qrunners?

    Well, yes. you always need to do a 'bin/mailmanctl restart' after any
    mm_cfg.py changes that affect mail handling or delivery (but in this
    case, fix_url is probably sufficient).

    But, that said, I don't think this is a Mailman issue. Mailman knows
    the list's email host is otherdomain.com as evidenced by the
    domain in the other headers to what it thinks is appropriate for
    external use.

    I am not an MTA expert, and even if I were, you haven't told me what
    the MTA is, so I can't help further. This is a question for your MTA
    support resources.

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 10, 2007 at 4:44 pm

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    I am not an MTA expert, and even if I were, you haven't told me what
    the MTA is, so I can't help further. This is a question for your MTA
    support resources.

    In a brief, off-list exchange, Hank wrote the following:

    Anyway, I thought I'd post the "fix" for sendmail for the benefit of the
    next guy (or gal) to ask the question about making the headers come out
    right on a domain alias with sendmail. Actually, it's spelled out
    under
    in detail 4.8.16, pp. 181-182 of the O'Reilly Sendmail "bat book."

    MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.net')dnl
    FEATURE(`limited_masquerade')dnl
    LOCAL_DOMAIN(`mydomain.net otherdomain.com')dnl
    MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`mydomain.net')dnl

    That works as long as "otherdomain.com" is in the $=w table as a
    canonical name.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 10, '07 at 3:14a
activeJan 10, '07 at 4:44p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 2 posts Hank van Cleef: 1 post