I run mailman with Postfix. Have MTA='Postfix' and have run check_perm a
number of times, with -f
How do I tweak the mail server (a.k..a Postfix) to run the script as
group "mail"?

Ralph

"/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman". Command output: Group
mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
group "mail", but the system's mail server executed the mail script
as
group "mailman". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
"mail", or re-run configure, providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

Search Discussions

  • Todd Zullinger at Dec 18, 2006 at 3:47 pm

    Ralph Utbult wrote:
    I run mailman with Postfix. Have MTA='Postfix' and have run
    check_perm a number of times, with -f
    How do I tweak the mail server (a.k..a Postfix) to run the script as
    group "mail"?
    What are the permissions and owner/group for the mailman aliases file?
    Postfix will execute the mailman wrapper as the group that the aliases
    file belongs to, so you should be able to fix this by changing that
    group to mail instead of mailman.

    Freedom can be preserved only if it is treated as a supreme principle
    which must not be sacrificed for any particular advantage.
    -- F. A. Hayek