I have read a couple threads on this, but none have really been able to help
me.

I need to get the AOL feedback to work, but I need more header information.
VERP works great if it wasn't for one problem. We have a HUGE customer
base, and this changes header information that the customer sees.

Is there anyway I could add header like X-Member. This way it does not
interfere with what they see, or use for filtering. I have added custom
headers already to our mailings, but I am not sure how I would go about
getting the actual e-mail address of the customer in there.

Thanks
-Rob

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 4, 2006 at 11:30 pm

    Rob Jackson wrote:
    Is there anyway I could add header like X-Member. This way it does not
    interfere with what they see, or use for filtering. I have added custom
    headers already to our mailings, but I am not sure how I would go about
    getting the actual e-mail address of the customer in there.

    I'm sure there are multiple ways to do this, but here's what I suggest.

    Set

    OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

    in mm_cfg.py. Then set the list's Non-digest options->personalize to
    Yes.

    Also, find the code

    try:
    d['user_delivered_to'] = mlist.getMemberCPAddress(member)
    # BAW: Hmm, should we allow this?
    d['user_password'] = mlist.getMemberPassword(member)
    d['user_language'] = mlist.getMemberLanguage(member)

    in the process() function in Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py and add the
    line

    msg['X-Member-Address'] = d['user_delivered_to']

    to make it

    try:
    d['user_delivered_to'] = mlist.getMemberCPAddress(member)
    msg['X-Member-Address'] = d['user_delivered_to']
    # BAW: Hmm, should we allow this?
    d['user_password'] = mlist.getMemberPassword(member)
    d['user_language'] = mlist.getMemberLanguage(member)

    This will only work for messages, not for digests.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 4, '06 at 9:25p
activeDec 4, '06 at 11:30p